Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN

Beskids - Moravian Wallachia - Ruins, city fortifications

Map


Search results Export data for GPS device in GPX format

Ruins, city fortifications Ruins, city fortifications.

  • basket Hukvaldy - castle ruins
    Hukvaldy - castle ruins. A large fortified castle from the half of the 13th century withstood many attacks and sieges. It was abandoned in the 18th century and afterwards it burned down. Today the romantic ruin attracts many cultural events. In the game park under the castle you can see fallow deer and moufflons. The composer Leoš Janáček was born here.
    Telephone: 558699323, 731660808
    Address: Hukvaldy 37, Hukvaldy
  • basket Starý Jičín - castle ruins
    Starý Jičín - castle ruins. The old castle from the beginning of the 13th century was later rebuilt into a Renaissance residence. When the owners built a new castle nearby the old place was abandoned and in the 19th century it became a ruin. The castle is currently being reconstructed.
    Telephone: 602320577
    Address: Starý Jičín
  • basket Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins
    Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins. Supposedly it was built by the Templars at the beginning of the 14th century.
    Address: Bystřička
  • basket Nový Jičín - mediaeval fortifications
    Nový Jičín - mediaeval fortifications. Of the city’s ramparts, part of the Gothic fortification and, above all, a polygonal bastion dating back to 1614 are well-preserved.
    Address: Nový Jičín
  • basket Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins
    Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins. It was established by the Olomouc Bishop Bruno of Šaumburk. At the beginning of the 16th century, the western palace was renovated in Renaissance style. In 1539, it was tonr down, however the fortification was still maintained. The castle was completely destroyed at the beginning of the 18th century under the rule of the Žerotíns.
    Address: Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
  • basket Šostýn - ruins
    Šostýn - ruins. Preserved moat and rampart, remains of walls, the palace and castle towers from the 13th century, established by Count Jindřich of Schornstein. It was destroyed in the 15th century during the march of the Hussites.
    Address: Kopřivnice
  • basket Arnoltovice - castle ruins
    The castle was apparently built by Jiří of Arnoltovic. It was abandoned until 1504. Only terrain remains have been conserved.
    Address: Valašské Meziříčí
  • basket Baška - remains of a fortification
    It was most probably a smaller fortress, which apparently consisted of a residential building, perhaps of tower character, surrounded by walls or a wooden palisade along the perimeters of the central area. The building or buildings in the core were apparently made from a light wooden structure, at maximum on a certain type of reinforced foundation.
    Address: Baška
  • basket Bruzovice - remains of a fortress
    Terrain remains of a small medieval ersidence. The central plain of the location has a square layout with a noticeable edge of a mound raised above the area by 1.5 m on the northeast and south east sides.
    Address: Bruzovice
  • basket Dětřichovice u Příbora - castle remains
    The small castle apparently still existed in the 15th century. The remains of the small castle are located within the territory of the municpality Lubina. Its establishment is dated back to the turn of the 14th century. Only terrain remains have been preserved.
    Address: Kopřivnice, Lubina
  • basket Dobrá - remains of a fortress
    Terrain remains of an original fort which served as a ruling residence for the Vlček family (15th - 16th century).
    Address: Dobrá
  • basket Frýdberk - remains of a fortress
    As the regional residence of the Stange family, the fort apparently served for colonisation activities in Mistek at the end of the 13th century. At the same time it created a supportive point and provided protection to the market village, which was formed by the fortified walls in front of the fort. It was most likely abandoned at the beginning of the...
    Address: Frýdek-Místek
  • basket Frýdlant - remains of a fortress
    It apparently was established at the turn of the 14th century as a power base of the Olomouc episcopate on the Moravian side of the river, across from Těšín. The small castle soon ceased to serve its function and was abandoned at the turn of the 15th century.
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí
  • basket Hodslavice - remains of a fortress
    Only the central, manmade motte remains conserved to the present, which was created by piling up the earth from digging the round moat. Further, several almost invisible terrain edges remain, which suggest the scope of the former moat and mound.
    Address: Hodslavice
  • basket Horní Domaslavice - chateau ruin
    Grohman built the Hornodomaslavicky chateau at the end of the 18th century. At the beginning of the 20th century it was in the ownership of the Baron of Mattencloit. The storeyed building with a rectangular layout had a mansard roof and farmstead buildings nearby. Only minor remanis of walls have been preserved.
    Address: Horní Domaslavice
  • basket Jur's stone - remains of a small castle and statue
    The small castle has an unusual position on the edge of a steep rock cliff. The small castle is created from an oval to egg-shaped mound with dimensions of 20 x 16 metres, which was surrounded on three of the accessible sides by a 10 m wide moat partially in the rock. A monument to Bedřich Smetana is placed on the surface of the small castle.
    Address: Štramberk
  • basket Lískovec - castle remains
    The establishment of Liskovice is dated back to around the 2nd half of the 14th century or the beginning of the 15th. Opinions exist that Liskovice was an allodium estate held in the ownership of an unknown owner. Only terrain indications remain.
    Address: Frýdek-Místek, Lískovec
  • basket Lubno - castle remains
    The first records of the manor's existence are reports from the 17th century. F. Gřunděl states that according to the entry in the terrier of 1660, a fort or hunting chateau was to have stood on Zámčisky in Lubna. Only terrain traces remain.
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí, Lubno
  • basket Myslík - castle remains
    Remains of a minor medieval fortress. The actual rock core is small (22 and 12 m axis), only a maximum of one building could stand here.
    Address: Palkovice, Myslík
  • basket Nová Ves - castle remains
    Novoves castle was established as one of many borderland fortifications protecting shallow crossing points along the river Ostravice between the territory of Moravia of the Olomouc archbishop and Silesian Těšín's princedom. The castle was built at the turn of the 14th century. The castle apparently did not serve for long and was most probably already...
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí
  • basket Perná - remains of a fortress
    The place can be marked as almost non-existant, perhaps only a few small terrain signs on the southern and eastern side. However, it's existence has was clearly confirmed by archaeological excavations in the 1970s.
    Address: Lešná, Perná
  • basket Příluky - remains of a fortress
    The fortress was already built in the middle of the 14th century.
    Address: Lešná, Příluky
  • basket Pržno - remains of fortress
    Only an irregular oval mound remains of the fort standing over above the Paléskový Stream.
    Address: Pržno
  • basket Pulčín - castle ruins
    Remains of a Medieval rock castle with staircases carved into the rok. It belonged to the Cimburks from 1446. It was torn down in the 15th century.
    Address: Pulčín
  • basket Řepiště - castle remains
    Terrain suggestions of a castle founded by the German family Baruth at the turn of the 14th century.
    Address: Řepiště
  • basket Rychaltice - fortress ruins
    Terrain signs of a fortification from 1554. The fort most likely was abandoned at the end of the 16th century.
    Address: Hukvaldy, Rychaltice
  • basket Štandl - remains of a castle
    The peak of the hill and even the castle core was surrounded from all sides by a deep oval trench with a raised mound.
    Address: Frýdek-Místek
  • basket Stará Bělá - fortress ruins
    The fortress could have been built during the course of the 14th century by the brothers Smil and Hynek of Frýdlant or Anežka of Bělá, one of Smil's daughters, together with her husband Dyk of Koberič, who owned a smaller part of Old Bělá.
    Address: Krmelín
  • basket Vratimov - castle remains
    Terrain remains of a 13th century guard castle.
    Address: Vratimov
  • basket Závišice - fortress ruins
    The local fortress was first mentioned in written records in 1481, it was abandoned in the middle of the 16th century. Only small remains of the walls have been conserved.
    Address: Závišice
  • searched records: 30

Offer for:

Newsletter

I agree to rocessing of personal datas.

Do noy click on this link or else you will be banned!